The SMTP server settings can be found under Administration > Messaging > SMTP Settings. It allows for an SMTP server to be defined as well as a set of email addresses from which messages can be sent.
To define an SMTP server connection, the following fields can be used:
- Host - The hostname of the SMTP server to connect to.
- Port - The port number of the SMTP server to connect to.
- Username - Optional username to authenticate to the SMTP server with.
- Password - Optional password to authenticate to the SMTP server with.
- Require SSL - Whether or not to enforce the connection to the SMTP to use SSL (applies only to Explicit TLS).
- Rate limit (msg/min) - Control the outbound message rate, to prevent flooding the SMTP server.
We support both Implicit TLS (SSL/TLS) and Explicit TLS (STARTTLS). To use Implicit TLS use port 465, and to use Explicit TLS check “Require SSL”.
Additionally, a set of email addresses can be added. Each address consists of three elements:
- Key - A unique key that can be used to refer to the address.
- Email - The actual email address itself.
- Display Name - The name that should be displayed when receiving an email from this address.