Custom data is stored in CloudBilling in the form of generic tables. This facility allows the use of important tabular information to be used in conditions and expressions in the Price Rules. It is possible to store many different “Custom Data Tables” within CloudBilling
The following key concepts are important to understand the capabilities of using custom data in CloudBilling
You are able to add multiple unique tables to your CloudBilling environment. Tables have the following defining properties:
- Each table is uniquely named
- Each table has a user-defined “schema”, in the form of a set of column definitions, describing the name and type of the column
- Each table may have many indexes defined, which is important for proper performance of very large tables. Please speak to a CloudBilling consultant for assistance in effectively indexing your Custom Tables.
- Optional: a “Time To Live” column and an accompanying length (in days).
- This can be thought of as an “Expiry Date” of sorts, and allows the environment to keep your Custom Table efficient and relevant.
Once a table has been added, it can be filled with data. This is done by adding rows to it, by defining a value for each column. The data in these tables can then be used in conditions and expressions on your rules. See Price Rules - Expressions and Conditions for more information on this subject.